A majority of homeowners invest in air conditioner tune-up when they don’t have any other option. However, they don’t understand the repercussions of an air conditioner system failing completely, no longer cooling their Bay Area home, or making the energy bills skyrocket. You are making a huge mistake when you procrastinate to get your system checked. This mistake could cost you a lot of money in the future.
You can save a lot of time and money when you maintain and repair your air conditioner in a timely manner.
Avoid Repair Costs and High Electricity Bills
The basic of any air conditioner maintenance routine is replacing or cleaning air filters. This is because dirty air filters have a negative effect on the system’s performance. Filters help in cleaning the air within homes and prevents dust from accumulating within the evaporator coil.
Filters that get clogged obstruct airflow and force the air conditioner to work more. The device uses more energy and sees enhanced wear and tear. Clean air filters can account for better energy savings. You could lose more money in unnecessary and expensive repairs by overtaxing your system as well.
Advantages of Regular Maintenance
An air conditioner’s efficiency reduces by 5% each year when you leave it unattended. Regular maintenance can improve the air conditioner’s lifespan by 50%. You don’t need to live in mortal fear of coming back from work only to find that your air conditioner is no longer working. Investing in timely air conditioner repair and maintenance doesn’t just save you money, but also brings home peace of mind.
These are a few advantages of regular air conditioner maintenance:
- Helps avoid expensive air conditioner repair
- Reduces energy costs
- Prolongs the lifespan of your system
- Improves system performance and air quality
- Helps keep your environment comfortable and safe
Choosing the Right Maintenance Service Provider
Best air conditioner maintenance service providers don’t necessarily need to be the cheapest. You should consider a wide range of aspects apart from price of services when you start checking out contractors. These are a few ideas to choose the right maintenance service provider:
- Licensed, insured and bonded: You need to ensure that the contractor is licensed, insured and bonded so that you are not responsible for any accidents that occur. You can easily exempt responsibility if accidents do occur. You will also get reimbursement when the service provider causes any damage.
- Background: You should ensure that the professionals have enough expertise and experience to carry out the job. The company should hire reliable and highly qualified employees. You should not have amateurs running around your house.
- Reputation: It can be difficult to assess the competence of a person if you are not an expert in the field. You can get a good idea by knowing the satisfaction levels of previous customers.
- Warranty: Service contractors that provide warranty are better than the ones that don’t. It is always good to know that the work you paid for did not involve materials that lacked quality or was poorly performed.
- Emergency Services: Air conditioner breakdowns can occur at any time. You would want to choose a contractor that provides round the clock assistance.